Saturday, November 1, 2008

GOP Boogeyman Du Jour: Zeituni Onyango

The right-wing blogosphere buzzes with today's RNC entry into the Obama character association royal rumble: "Ladies and gentlemen, entering the ring right now, weighing in at 103 pounds, hailing from Nairobi, Kenya, now fighting out of Boston, Massachusetts illegally, Barack Obama's deceased father's half-sister, "Auntie" Zeituni Onyango.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with the fading-fast Rovian Empire. First, stop "pallin' around" with people. Then, start pallin' around with people. It's enough to make a guy stop running for president. But not this guy. And not this election.

So, what do you need to know? Can Auntie Z stop the foreclosure sale of my home? Does anyone in the Onyango family have a contact at Kaiser Permanente so I can get some damn health care? Is she a Muslim too like Barack Hussein Obama? Can someone please interview Victoria Jackson again (Hannity - you have a professional obligation to get VJ into the studio and push her for answers).

As reported by the New York Times, Auntie Onyango currently resides in Boston in public housing four years after an immigration judge denied her request for asylum. As mentioned, Onyango is the half-sister of Obama's deceased, estranged father. The Obama campaign stated Barack and Auntie Z encountered each other on a handful of occasions since 1992 when he traveled back to Kenya (where he was born of course - why else would he visit Kenya?). Their last communication occurred two years ago when Obama learned that she was currently living in Boston.

Today, the Obama campaign returned the $260 Onyango donated to the campaign in tiny increments upon learning of her illegal status within the United States.

For the storm troopers of the Rovian Empire, this means everything! From one of Hugh Hewitt's suckling pups:

So let me get this straight. Millionaire Obama doesn't use his wealth to help his poor illegal alien Aunt get out of public housing, but if I complain about Obama wanting to raise my taxes to 'spread the wealth around' I'm the selfish one?

No. If you're making below $250,000, you shouldn't complain about it, unless you were already grousing under the current Bush tax regime, because you will not incur a tax increase. That's 95% of you. For the other 5%, you can bellyache a bit, but Obama only asks for a 2% increase on your current federal rate.

Amazing! I flipped us back to the issues. That never happens!

By the way, instead of blithering about socialism, spreading the wealth, redistribution and this minute's "Real American" hero (I hear Tommy the Boxcar Hobo is on deck), why don't you visit this link during a fleeting moment of repose when a yearning to entertain serious conversation comes over you:

No comments: