Sunday, October 26, 2008

The View . . . Of Stupidity

Nails on a chalkboard:



Thanks for breathing life back into a big RNC boo-boo no one was talking about anymore. And thanks for that gender-baiting frosting to cap off your stupid cake. Delish!

With friends like Elisabeth Hasselbeck . . .

***UPDATE***: Thought the resurrection of "fasion-gate" (hahaha) was a bit odd. Apparently, the move did not come down from on high. CNN reports:

A senior adviser to John McCain told CNN's Dana Bash that the comments about her wardrobe "were not the remarks we sent to her plane this morning." Palin did not discuss the wardrobe story at her rally in Kissimmee later in the day.

But in Tampa, Palin happily broached the clothing issue after being introduced by "The View" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who accused Palin's opponents of being "fixated on her wardrobe" and "deliberately sexist."

That opened the door for Palin to weigh in on a topic that has frustrated the candidate and her advisers since the story first broke five days ago.

"This whole thing with the wardrobe, you know I have tried to just ignore it because it is so ridiculous, but I am glad now that Elisabeth brought it up, cause it gives me an opportunity without the filter of the media to get to tell you the whole clothes thing," she said.

"Those clothes, they are not my property. Just like the lighting and the staging and everything else that the RNC purchased, I'm not taking them with me. I am back to wearing my own clothes from my favorite consignment shop in Anchorage, Alaska. You'd think — not that I would even have to address the issue because, as Elisabeth is suggesting, the double standard here it's — gosh, we don't even want to waste our time."


Ah, I see the "brains" portion of the Republican Party is taking the reins. Excellent. Look forward to your next bulletin. That Obama was born in Kenya story might have some legs. Just pitching in.

2 comments:

Warm Apple Pie said...

Hahahaha . . . "our opponents don't want to talk about the issues. They want to talk about Governor Palin's clothes."

"Now let's talk about her flagpin."

Movies are boring. I prefer real life for my comedy.

Pat Bateman said...

Palin is going to start going off-message more and more this week because she's realized McCain cannot stop her. He cannot distance himself from remarks she makes because that's conceding defeat by repudiating your VP. She's gotten the picture here, which is that McCain is at her mercy, not the other way around.