Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Anti-Feminist

Oh, Sweet Sarah, you minx. Do you really think that you will be able to convince Hillary's supporters to vote for you just because you are a woman? I'm no woman (although I do have beautiful breasteses), but if I was, I'd be pretty damn insulted right about now. Palin's new argument boils down to this: Throw out every policy issue, throw out my history of abusing power, throw out my lack of intellectual curiosity. Throw out every issue, personality trait, governing record and belief that I have. Throw out the fact that I have a history of opposing so-called "women's issues" and think women should pay for their own rape kits. I have a vajayjay. I giant, power-hungry vajayjay.

She openly called out for women to vote solely on the basis of gender. Can you imagine what Hannity, Limbaugh and the rest of the slime merchants would have done if Hillary made such an outward plea for gender-based voting? I smell a Hannity Dilemma.

But even McCain's own campaign head, Rick "I lied about lobbying for Fannie Mae and simply disappeared until the press forgot about it" Davis, doesn't think this will work. Why? Because women are jealous of Sarah Palin. As reported by Matt Yglesias, Rick Davis and Bill Bennett had the following exchange during a discussion of why liberal women don't support Palin:

BENNETT: I don’t know which drives them more crazy. Let me give you three things that I think drives them crazy, and you don’t have to comment. That’s she’s very attractive. That she’s very competent or that she’s very happy. You know, as a human being.

DAVIS: Yeah, all of the above.

Hilarious. Now I could, like Yglesias does, point out the absurdity of ignoring the substantive reasons why some women oppose Palin. But I would rather focus on why Bennett and Davis would think this. They are smitten. Undeniably, transparently and disgustingly smitten. Smitten like a certain resident blogger I will not name (let's call him Jack K. - too obvious, I'll use J. Knowledge, instead). They refuse to even consider that someone could look at this moose-hunting moose-knuckled maverick and not see what they see - 125 pounds of vanilla pudding in a pants-suit. Which is all fine and dandy, but I can't imagine that the ladies they are trying to persuade are happy with this.

1 comment:

Warm Apple Pie said...

Perhaps the media turned away from Davis's ties to Fannie and Freddy because the story had become stale?

Another stellar post, Malfunctioning Pants. Your use of vajayjay in a sophisticated manner is almost an impossible feat.

I guess Davis and Bennett have given up on the ugly, dumb and depressed voters this Fall.