Monday, October 13, 2008

The Orwellian Tactic of Debunking Facts

"I'm very, very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing, any hint of any kind of unethical activity there. Very pleased to be cleared of any of that."

- Sarah Palin (from her less-than-six minute phone interview with four journalists based in Alaska restricted from asking any follow-up questions. Kudos to McCain for making her "available.").

"For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides: The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

- Finding Number One from the Branchflower Report.

"How many fingers, Winston?"

"Four. I suppose there are four. I would see five if I could. I am trying to see five."

"Which do you wish: to persuade me that you see five, or really to see them?"

"Really to see them."

- Excerpt from George Orwell's 1984

Yes, yes, I see now!!!! Palin was exonerated!!!! Palin is the victim!!!!!!!!!!! The Report cleared her. Finding Two is Finding One. I see now, O'Brien! I see it! Long live the GOP!


No comments: