Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tell us a story, Grandpa

The most puzzling moment in last night's presidential debate came up in Senator McCain's supposed strong-suit melieu, foreign policy. In response to Senator Obama's remarks about pursuing Osama bin Laden aggressively in Pakistan, should we have actionable intelligence that the Pakistanis were unable or unwilling to act on, the Distinguished Gentleman from the great state of Arizona stated the following: "I'll get Osama bin Laden, my friends. I know how to get him. I know how to do it."

A question for the Distinguished Senator, if I may: John (may I call you "John?") if you know how to get him, isn't this the type of information that would be helpful to share? Maybe with the military? Maybe with the President? If you currently know how to get him, shouldn't you "put your country first," as you like to say, and maybe, you know, tell someone how? Just a thought.

And maybe it's just me, but I found last night's sotto voce McCain to be far creepier than regular McCain. Anyone?

No comments: