Thursday, October 9, 2008

Defective DJ - 2 Turntables and a Microphone


So I've decided that I will periodically use my microphone to let everyone know what albums are in heavy rotation on my 2 turntables. The current list

Okkervil River - The Stand Ins - Lyrically, a masterpiece. Part 2 (to Part 1 The Stage Names) of the band's loose interpretation of the pursuit of fame and the downside of reaching that goal. Gets better with every listen.

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend - Just when I think I'm done with this album, I feel the urge to give it another spin. It hasn't let me down yet.

Dan Zanes & Friends - Rocket Ship Beach - When you have a toddler that loves music, you thank God every day that he brought you Dan Zanes.

Guru - Baldhead Slick and da Click - Dan Zanes? Hit 'em Slick: "yo f#%$ that kiddy crap, I did that stupid sh&* already jack." A trip back to when Hip Hop was good, from a guy who's been there the whole time.

Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight - Scott Hutchison sings as honestly as anyone I've heard - he suffers through every song and believes what he is singing. And I can't help but be right there with him.

No comments: